A fun game night isn’t complete until you play a few rounds of Charades! This classic party game is an old favorite, great for getting people laughing and interacting.
This game is a great way to break the ice between new people or bring your old friends together in a fun and unique way. But if you’re new to Charades, it can seem confusing or overwhelming. That’s why we’ve developed this step-by-step guide to help you get started!
This party game is easy to learn and can provide hours of entertainment for both adults and children. To make it even easier, these basic rules will help you and your friends understand the game quickly.
1. Rule: Divide into two teams, with equal players on each side.
2. Rule: Prepare a list of words or phrases for each team to act out. This could be anything from a book title to an animal to a film title.
Note: Tailor the words to the group you’re playing — whether it’s with children, teens, or adults, and the difficulty level you want the game to have.
3. Rule: Choose a person from each team to serve as the first “actor”. That person must act out the phrase or word without speaking. Then, select a timekeeper who will track how long each team has to act out their words.
4. Rule: The actor from the first team draws a card from the list of words and starts acting. The one-minute time limit begins, and the team must guess the correct word or phrase within that time frame to gain a point.
Reminder: The actor cannot use words. They also can’t point to the object if it’s in the room.
5. Rule: After the word has been guessed correctly or the timer is up, the actor from the other team takes their turn. Play continues until all the words have been guessed, or all players have had a turn.
6. Rule: Tally up the final score at the end of the game. The team with the most points wins!
Best Charades word generator
Now that you know how to play Charades, it’s time for the best part: choosing the words. This can be tricky — especially if you’re playing with a large group of people.
To make it easier, we recommend using a Charades word generator. This online version will generate over 3000+ Charades ideas fitting for any age group. Now, you can focus more on having fun and less on thinking of words and phrases.
Download our free Charades app, “Kabuki”, now on the App Store or Google Play Store. Or click the button below and use our online Charades word generator.
Elevate your game nights with the best Charades ideas, our diverse compilation promises a perfect blend of creativity and laughter, creating memorable moments with friends and family.